Wow! I was very surprised when I received the note from a fellow food blogger at Dulce Dough that she was passing on the Stylish Food Award to MOI-- among other people. What an honor- just 2 months into my blogging adventure! Thanks SO MUCH!!! If you have not checked out her blog- be sure to head on over to Dulce Dough. She has some wonderful recipes, as well as pictures, and I am hard-pressed to pick a favorite. However, I think the Black Forest Cake with Chocolate Ganache looks so good!
I really consider myself a newbie and still have so much to learn. It has been a fun journey, and I am continually amazed at what a bunch of talented people there are blogging and photographing their food. They have been so helpful and supportive and willing to share tips. When I first started blogging at the end of December, 2010, I was pretty naive and uneducated in food blogging. It was not until I started spending more time checking out other bloggers' sites that I realized I really needed to have at least one picture for my entries (imagine that!- on a food blog!!!). So now I am in the process of working through my early recipes and posting pictures for each one. (My poor husband's diet is really being sabotaged!) Anyways, I guess food is my new obsession. While I have always enjoyed food, cooking and looking at recipes, I never dreamed a couple years ago I would think about food all day-- and night, much less be writing and photographing it! I must give some credit to a post that has been such an incredible help with learning photography of food- check it out at Vegan Yum Yum . (I still have way too much to learn, but I'm having fun along the way.)
Well, back to the business at hand-
Following the rules of the award, I have to:
1. Thank them, make a post, and put a link back to the person/s who gave me this award.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass the award to 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and personally tell them about the award.
7 random things about myself:
1. I was home schooled for about 5 years until high school, then graduated as valedictorian-- out of a class of only one other person.
2. I love walking through cemeteries- to think, exercise without a lot of traffic and gawkers, as well as wonder about the people who are buried there.
3. I am the oldest of 5 children.
4. My husband and I (with the help of a few good
5. My husband and I were initially introduced by a combined effort of mutual friends from New Zealand and Wellsboro, PA- we lived over 250 miles apart.
6. I have a tendency to be a procrastinator and have many unfinished projects.
7. I love to cook, but wish I had a magic wand to clean up all the mess.
10 blogs that I have recently discovered and want to pass on the award to:
(I follow so many blogs and would give this award to many, many different ones. However, I have tried to pick either newer blogs or some other ones I really like, and that have not received this award- as far as I can tell.)
I'm excited about all the great people I have met and will meet in the future. Happy cooking!!!