Although I always add vegetables to my scrambled eggs, cauliflower is something that I never would have thought to combine until I was visiting with my Iraqi friend one day. She made this up and served it with warm pita bread and it was so delicious! The nice thing about egg is that it makes up into a quick yet filling meal. The last time I made this, I added some Frank's Hot Sauce on top which added just a nice little zip.
Serves- 2 or 1 hearty appetite
- 1 small cauliflower head or 1/2 large head
- 1 small-medium onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut cauliflower florets and upper stems into small pieces and boil covered in a small amount of water until somewhat soft but not mushy, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, fry onion & garlic in 1 tbsp of oil or butter until onion is translucent. Add the cooked and drained cauliflower.
- Scramble the eggs with milk and seasonings and add to the mixture. Cook on low-medium heat, stirring until egg has almost completely set.
- Optional- garnish with chopped green onions and parsley. May also top with grated cheese (more American) or mix in parmesan cheese to the egg mixture before scrambling it.