Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sour Cream Corn Bread

This is an old recipe from the Mennonite Community Cookbook- very good with soup.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar- may use more if you like a sweeter bread
1 egg, well beaten
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup thick sour cream
4 Tbsp milk

Sift the dry ingredients. Add the beaten egg, cream, milk and butter. Beat thoroughly. Pour into a greased 9 inch pan. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback . So feel free to leave me a message and make my day! If you have a blog, leave a link so I can stop by your site and leave some comments, too. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a message with your first name and leave the website space empty. Unfortunately, due to excessive spam, I have enabled the word verification in order to leave a message.