Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cracker Pudding

This is a beloved Pennsylvania Dutch dessert- the family always feels let down if it does not make its appearance at my husband's family dinners.

Ingredients

4 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut (optional, but add good flavor)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup crushed saltine crackers (may also substitute graham crackers- my favorite)

Blend all ingredients except the vanilla in a blender (or may use handheld stick blender). Then cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened. When finished, add vanilla. Chill and serve with whipped cream/topping.

Recipe courtesy of Martha Hershey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback . So feel free to leave me a message and make my day! If you have a blog, leave a link so I can stop by your site and leave some comments, too. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a message with your first name and leave the website space empty. Unfortunately, due to excessive spam, I have enabled the word verification in order to leave a message.