Thursday, January 13, 2011

Danish Horns

These are a crisp, unsweet cookie with marmalade filling.

Ingredients:

1 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp hot water
1 cup butter
2 tsp light cream
1 3/4 cup flour
orange marmalade or other jam/preserves
sugar

Dissolve yeast in water. Cream butter. Blend in dissolved yeast and cream, mixing until blended. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheet. Shape into rounds. Press with finger to make a dent in the center and fill it with marmalade (or other jam/preserves). Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until just turning pale brown.

*Recipe by Joan Whitlock from the Elmira College Cookbook 1971.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity and versatility of this. Oh my. Going on my MUST TRY list!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive feedback . So feel free to leave me a message and make my day! If you have a blog, leave a link so I can stop by your site and leave some comments, too. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a message with your first name and leave the website space empty. Unfortunately, due to excessive spam, I have enabled the word verification in order to leave a message.