Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lazy Day Lasagna



This recipe came to my mom quite a few years ago from my Aunt Lydia. We were a large family and this dish was hearty and so good! It is almost a one-dish wonder-- except for boiling the pasta separately. I also love how it is an easy way to get veggies into the kids!

Ingredients:

1 pound ziti, cooked according to directions (may substitute penne, mafalda-mini lasagna noodles, or break up lasagna noodles into small pieces)
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 Tbsp sofrito (optional)
1 small package chopped frozen spinach
48 oz spaghetti sauce
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound cottage cheese
mushrooms (optional)


Brown the meat, onions and garlic. Drain off fat. Mix all ingredients together, except the mozzarella cheese. Heat well to finish cooking the spinach. Then add 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and stir gently. Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes. May top with remainder of shredded cheese. 


Serve with salad and bread.  


Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback . So feel free to leave me a message and make my day! If you have a blog, leave a link so I can stop by your site and leave some comments, too. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a message with your first name and leave the website space empty. Unfortunately, due to excessive spam, I have enabled the word verification in order to leave a message.