Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Logs

This makes 1 pound of a homemade candy you do not have to cook.

Ingredients:

1 cup chunk style peanut butter
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
chopped peanuts

In mixing bowl, blend together peanut butter and butter; stir in confectioner's sugar. Add cereal, mixing well and crushing slightly. Shape into 3 logs- 7x 1/4 inches. Pat peanuts over the logs. Wrap in foil or clear plastic wrap. Chill. Slice 1/2 inch thick.

*Recipe by B. Murray from Elmira College Cookbook 1971.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback . So feel free to leave me a message and make my day! If you have a blog, leave a link so I can stop by your site and leave some comments, too. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a message with your first name and leave the website space empty. Unfortunately, due to excessive spam, I have enabled the word verification in order to leave a message.